Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hobby # 2


Baking

........which I think everyone knows, if you have been to my MamaFaMi's Spice n Splendour . Sometimes I just can't stop myself from trying out new recipes though I am fully aware that I don't really have any willing volunteers to eat them. Application is open for the job of 'Food Tester'. Please send in your resume before end of March.... hahahahaha... I AM JUST KIDDING!

I have this passion for cooking at an early age. I like to hang around in the kitchen when mom's cooking. I can still remember, at the age of 9, I actually made the maid keep a secret. I had told her, if mom asked, who cooked the rice, just say you did... where else I was the one who cooked the rice. But thank God, mom never asked, so nobody lied! Hahaha... naughty mama huh?

We'll get especially excited when mom said that she's going to bake a cake! My mom, who was a teacher that time, wasn't much a baker and she hardly bakes cakes. That was why, whenever she said she's baking one, all the three of us will keep checking in the kitchen, whether the cake is ready or not! Mom doesn't have all these baking trays or pans that time. I can still remember how she baked a cake in the cooking pot! Well that doesn't count. What's important is what that pot produced! A yummy delicious cake which was well enjoyed by everyone, esecially the 'piranha' kids! Hihihi.... And that time, just a simple marble cake is enough to please us....

When I first baked a cake, it wasn't as nice a cake should be. But that never put me off. I never give up hope. Always thinking positive that I will achieve the right texture if I keep trying. And thanks to my dearest hubby who always motivate me. Whenever I said that I am not a good cook nor a good baker, he'll say....

When we were born into this world, we know nothing about almost everything...
We learn as we grow...
And we learn more if we never give up....
...that's what I am doing now......and insyaAllah will never stop learning till I breathe my last breath....

Well, just a few snap shots of what yet to be posted in MamaFaMi's Spice n Splendour .....



For the cake recipe, please click here





No comments: